Cost-per-action campaigns or CPA affiliate programs are nothing new to the internet, but with more and more partner networks springing up everyday one can be certain these offers will be around for a long time. That’s good for you. These are some of the most lucrative opportunities on the net today.
For the advertiser CPA offers are good because they allow the advertiser to determine the specific action a user must take in order for an affiliate to earn a commission. Of course, the advertiser sets the payout price for that action as well. Common payout actions associated with CPA offers include:
- A sale is made.
- A form is filled out.
- An email address is submitted.
- A zip code is submitted.
Those last two actions are part of what make CPA offers so appealing to online marketers. Believe it or not many companies pay an average of $1-$1.50 for single field submissions on their offers. Imagine getting $1.50 just for getting someone to fill in their email address. Your head is probably already spinning thinking of how to market these. You may even be counting your huge piles of cash already, but do keep in mind many CPA networks have even more lucrative offers.
When putting together CPA campaigns you need to put a lot of thought into the construction of the campaign, and you really need to think outside the box. Here are six tips to help you maximize your return on investment with these offers:
- Think like your traffic – Try to find an offer that will appeal to your target market. For example, if you have a successful adult content site it’s perfectly logical to put up a CPA offer for an adult dating network. If you’re running a site that reviews popular video games, find a site that offers a free playstation 3 for participation. You will have much greater success with CPA offers if you target them towards your general demographic.
- Control costs and split test – If you’re using Pay-per-click campaigns like google adwords, Yahoo, or MSN Adcenter to drive traffic, it is imperative that you use daily budgeting to control costs while testing a campaign. You would not want to go bed and wake up to see you had chalked up 2-3 hundred dollars in ad costs only to find 6 conversions. Along the same lines, you can split test various elements of your campaign. This might involve breaking your ad-groups into smaller ones, and/or testing different landing pages. Sometimes the smallest variations can result in significant differences either in traffic generation, click conversion, or both.
- Track everything – This is probably one of the most overlooked elements of running any good online campaign, but is especially true of CPA offers. Many networks and affiliates have sophisticated stats reporting that you can use to quickly identify areas of opportunity for revenue generation. In addition, there are numerous ad tracking software packages available on the net that can show you everything and anything you want to know about your traffic and the actions they take on your sites. Do a google search for “ad tracking,” and you’ll find a ton of links.
- Stay on the up and up – Many folks may offer you 1,000 easy ways to get clicks and conversions, but this is one of the fastest and easiest ways to get banned from CPA networks. Worse still, they may keep your affiliate commissions. Be sure to read the terms of service associated with any offers you are running as several networks, and advertisers have very specific rules. Some offers can only be promoted with banner links, or email, or text ads. If you serve the right ad the wrong way, you could be thrown out of a CPA network.
- Spread the love – Sign up with as many CPA networks as you can. This will help you have a more diverse pool of offers to pick from, and increase the likelihood of finding a successful campaign. It’s also good to promote at least 5-7 distinct offers at any given time to further strengthen your odds of finding that winner. This will be a little more time consuming, and hands on, but is truly the best way to learn CPA marketing the fastest.
- Be creative – The appeal of CPA offers to internet marketers has seriously strengthened the competition on the web. If you really want to have a campaign with impact, don’t just throw up some banner ads and think you’re going to make money. Promoting these offers requires diligence, patience, hard work, and ingenuity. You should definitely look around to see what other people are doing. If you see a campaign structure that appeals to you, by all means give it a try. Don’t be afraid to break out of the box a bit, and make it your own though. What you can do with CPA offers is only limited by your imagination, and the terms of service of the offers you promote.
Keep the above tips in mind, and go sign up with some CPA networks. This is one of the most popular and lucrative fields of internet marketing today, and provides value to all parties. Advertisers get exposure, affiliates earn money, and end-users get the products and services they desire. That’s win, win, win!
LEARN HOW TO EARN SIX FIGURES…
Using Powerful Cpa Affiliate Marketing Strategies. If you’re not pulling down 5 figures a month online RIGHT NOW then you will want to read every word on the Dirty CPA website!
Even if you have NO EXPERIENCE
and have never made a dime as an affiliate before in your life!
Click Here To Visit The Dirty Cpa Website
(5 FREE Dirty CPA Tactic Videos)
Sheldon Child is an online marketer with 10 years of real world direct response marketing experience. Visit http://imgroundzero.com/ and scope out the blog.
To take your internet business to the next level, and gain the knowledge to grow your business visit the forum at http://imgroundzero.com/blog/